Idaho Democratic Party Compliance Director
The Compliance Director will work alongside the Executive Director to manage IDP finances, both expenses and income. They will also manage state and federal compliance with the Idaho Secretary of State and Federal Elections Commission. The Compliance Director is a part time position, less than 20 hours per week with flexibility on schedule.
• Appropriately track and report Party finance contributions and expenditures.
• Make regular bank deposits.
• Work alongside Treasurer to prepare monthly reports for stakeholders.
• Reconcile accounts of the organization with bank statements.
• Ensure all legally required compliance reports are prepared and filed in a timely manner, including: Federal Elections Commission, Internal Revenue Service, Idaho State Tax Commission, Idaho Secretary of State, and Idaho Industrial Commission.
• Oversee system of internal controls to prevent inappropriate or illegal use of organizations assets.
• Run payroll and ensure payroll and necessary employee reports are prepared accurately and timely.
• Ensure all bills are paid in a timely manner.
• Work with Treasurer, ED and Fundraising staff to create annual operating budgets.
• Advise Chair and ED on spending and budgeting decisions.